Ruwais streets have been flooded with this new toy. The balance wheels, also popularly known as an electric scooter or hoverboard, resemble a skateboard using smart balance wheels. The scooter is maneuvered directly by rider’s weight and body posture.
It has become a popular choice among kids for recreation, fun and portable way to travel and move around. However, it has been observed that the users of the electric scooter are not following basic safety restrictions. As a result there are many incidents reported resulting in personal injuries and vehicle accidents involving this new scooter. In order to avoid even more painful events i will present a safety guide below :
UAE Police is taking efforts to create awareness on this hazard but parents do play a major role in avoiding injuries to their kids by providing proper guidance on use of safety gears and location of use.
Precautions for Safe Use !
Follow below rules to avoid injuries while using the self balancing electric scooter:
- Always wear safety gears while riding. The required safety gears are helmet, wrist guard and visor for knee and elbow.
- Be aware of the hazards involved in riding the electric scooter.
- Never ride on roads or on footpath
- Select safe places to ride like parks, clubs, sport centers and un-crowded places without any traffic.
- Avoid dangerous stunts and movements.
PLAY SAFE, PREVENT INJURY, ENJOY THE TOY
2827 total views, 3 today