This might have been one of the biggest news for UAE Residents stuck in India ever since the pandemic struck! UAE expats stuck in India have started returning home from 12 July. India and UAE have allowed their airlines to carry people authorised to travel between the two countries. The scene at Dubai International airport was a rather emotional one, as the first Air India flight, AI1975, from Delhi, landed at Sharjah International Airport at 10.30 am on 12 July.
Air India announced that Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (ICA) approved UAE Residents can travel on the Vande Bharat Mission flights operated by it and AI Express from 12-26 July. However, the journey comes with a host of approvals and protocols. Here’s a step-by-step guide to approvals, PCR test and flights.
- Make Sure you have valid residential visa. If Visa expired while your family member was in india, than take Visa copy from ICA app or website. (Government had Extended all Residential Visa upto 31st Dec, 2020)
- Give training to your travelling family member about how to wear properly PPE.
- Arrange PPE and sanitizer sprays.
- Give training to your family member on how to sanitize things after travels.
- Consult Doctor and start early course to increase immunity for travelling member. Doctor will advise to take Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin B Complex and Zinc Suppliments.
- First Take Approval to return to UAE.
- There has been a lot of confusion if residents traveling back to the UAE must secure approval from GDRFA or ICA. The UAE government has issued clarification on the same. Residents, who are returning to Dubai or Sharjah from India, must get a valid pre-departure approval from the General Directorate of Residency and Foreign Affairs (GDRFA). On the other hand, those entering Abu Dhabi or any other airport in the country must have a valid approval from the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (ICA).
- Approval is valid only for 21days from issue date.
- Follow the steps and get approval.
- You can book ticket, once you get approval.
- Special Flights are permitted upto 26th July 2020.
- Tickets are nonrefundable.
- Before booking tickets, check their web site for updates and T&C.
- Select Departure airport by consideration of your connectivity, Weather and local criteria. First well plan how to reach on airport before 4 Hrs at least, than book tickets.
- For Payment some banks payment gateway generate error, so better with Credit Card.
- First, Make sure that you can manage Covid 19 test at India, than select departure date. Keep Margin of at least 04 days.
- Always monitor airline website and your e mail address to get notification for delay or change in flight.
Covid-19 RT-PCR test:
- Residents travelling back to Sharjah, Dubai or Abu Dhabi must carry a valid negative covid-PCR test report. The test must not be older than 96 hours, prior to departure.
- Travellers must ensure their PCR tests are valid. Note that the validity of the test is considered once you give the sample, not after the results are received. Test must be done only at ICMR-accredited test centres. Results from other centres will not be accepted. It is better to get the PCR test done before you book your tickets.
- From this map check your city or nearby ICMR approved testing facility. https://covid.icmr.org.in/index.php/testing-facilities#16.0606310/57.0306667/3
- Green dots represent government testing labs, while blue dot represent private labs.
- Call testing facility and ask for requirements to get tested. Explain them that you need as you want to travel, you don’t have any symptoms.
- To get tested Covid-19, we need reference letter from M.D. physician.
- If you don’t want to visit Hospital for reference letter, there are so many private hospital offers tele consultation at charge of 600INR to 1000INR.
- Once you get reference letter arrange to make Covid-19 test. So many Private labs offer Home sample collection service by additional 500INR.
- While making deal with Labs, make sure that they will deliver result within 24 Hrs with Doctor certificate.
- While Visiting Covid-19 testing center, take precautions.
- People who are returning to Abu Dhabi or any other airport, needs valid ICA approval.
- People who are returning to Dubai needs GDRFA approval.
- Valid Resident Visa, if expired then please carry ICA app with login of sponsor to show the extended Validity and hard copy to show, if airlines / immigration officer asks for it.
- If the city you are travelling from in India, is under a lockdown, you are still permitted to travel to the airport. However, those who need to travel from one state to another, apply for an online e-pass on https://serviceonline.gov.in/epass/ (If travelling by Road)
- A Valid Negative Covid-19 PCR test report from a ICMR approved laboratory.
- Download Covid-19 – DXB Smart App
- Health Declaration and Quarantine Undertaking forms to be filled and submitted at the Airport on arrival.
- Download Health Declaration form for Abu Dhabi and Sharjah. http://blog.airindiaexpress.in/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Self-Declaration-Form-UAE.pdf
- Download Health Declaration Form for Dubai
- Download Quarantine Undertaking form
- Keep your language minimum.
- Keep only one package of Hand bag.
- As there is manual way of check in, verification of all documents there is always take more time for check in. So reach at least 04 Hrs. before at Airport.
- While travelling keep your own PPE.
- On Airport, They will provide Face Shield, 3 layer Surgical Mask and Hand Gloves.
- While Packing your bag, keep one separate bag for clothes and daily requirnments things in it for stay of Hotel at Abu Dhabi. So other clothes, item remains clean, and no doubt of virus.
- On arrival of airport Authority will give Indian Health Declaration form in 03 copy, filled up and submit at Airport Door, Check in counter and at Immigration counter.
- Try to take sufficient food and water before entering Airport to avoid any infection. If you need to eat something first clean your hand.
- Try to take 01 0r 02 passengers mobile number in case to verify Result announcement at Abu dhabi. (To verify others people get result or not)
- At airport Covid-19 RT-PCR test is mandatory. After Test don’t forget to collect Green Tag. While Enrollment give active UAE mobile number so you can retrieve SMS easily for Ruwais Residence entry permit. UAE ID or Copy required.
- On Airport another declaration form to be filled up and submit.
- From Airport, you can travel direct to Hotel by Taxi.
- All hotel at Abu dhabi monitor your Temperature and if ask you can provide India Covid-19 Test result and Show them that Green sticker that given after test.
- Its better to give information in advance to Hotel about our condition and requirement honestly. When I told them clearly about arrival of my children and air travels, They appreciate and they arranged everything for my children in room. Even they arranged Grocery shopping for them and they gave best service.
- When you reach Abu Dhabi Hotel, you must take precaution to sanitize all your bags and personal belonging. Take laundry bag and keep all your clothes you wear while travelling in it. Keep your bags on stand, shoes also far away. Remove your hand gloves and mask carefully. Wash your hand, take new hand gloves. Than sanitize all your bags, shoes and item that you touch during travelling and Go directly for full shower with hot water and shop. This is critical step to avoid infection.
Ruwais Permit :
- Open https://apply.ruwaispermit.ae and create profile for travelling person.
- While registration give UAE mobile no, so you can retrieve verification Code.
- Complete your profile as shown in video, when you log in in Web site.
- When you Get SMS of your Covid-19 result, take screen Shot.
- Now, you can apply for Entry Permit by Go to Permits->New Permit -> Residence entry form
- Upload Screen shot of SMS of Covid-19 result and UAE ID front and backside.
- Most chance you will get Approval immediately, you will receive SMS.
- If rejected, open website and check for comment for reason of rejection. Solve it and apply again.
Travelling From Abu Dhabi to Ruwais:
- You can book Pre ordered Taxi by calling 600535353 or by App. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=transad.abudhabi.taxi&hl=en
- It’s better to book by calling.
- Mostly Ruwais Fair will be around 440AED to 450 AED.
- During travelling Keep all PPE on.
Note: This is just primary Guideline. Always refer to Government notification and guideline advisory.
Download below PDF file.
5008 total views, 1 today